Thursday, April 21, 2016
Friday, April 15, 2016
WHAT A SENSATIONAL SPRING!!
Don’t you agree that this is turning out to be a most gloriously colorful Seattle spring?!? The gardens along Queen Anne Avenue at Galer, Boston, and McGraw are happening places. Here’s some of what you’ll see:
· The wisteria blooming at Galer. It’s beautiful with its delicate purple flowers trailing along the top of the rock wall;
· Variegated yellow and green yuccas along with the cotoneaster’s red berries providing a striking presence alongside the Galer Stairs;
· Yarrow and Lenten roses blooming in many of the gardens;
· Yellow daffodils dancing in the sun under the ginkgo trees on Boston. This is Ellen’s Daffodil Garden as it was she who expended much elbow grease digging in compacted soil to plant the King Alfred bulbs donated by Allan Rosenthal;
· The long-awaited donor-inscribed pavers that the Vertumni crew will be installing in the Boston garden this Saturday morning.
People often ask whose gardens these are and who is responsible for their upkeep. They belong to the community and were created and are maintained by you: the residents, business owners, and property owners ---everyone who founded, volunteers for, and donates to Picture Perfect Queen Anne. To that end, five stones will be installed in the gardens on Saturday-- two at Galer, two at McGraw, one at Boston--that have been inscribed with our organization’s name and logo.
Thank you to Donna at Mammoth Stoneworks who deftly etched all the paver and stone inscriptions.
Please, do walk by and take a look at all that’s new and wonderful in the gardens.
Kathy, Wayne, Ellen, Scot, Elaine, Margaret
Friday, March 4, 2016
First and foremost, THANK YOU for helping us meet our goals for 2015-16. Please know that per the Secretary of State’s Charitable Solicitation Profile, Picture Perfect Queen Anne applies 97% of the donations we receive to our mission (latest year reported: 2014). We are devoted to efficiently applying your contributions to the Gardens along Queen Anne Avenue North.
Did you know there are two retailers that will make financial donations to support PICTURE PERFECT QUEEN ANNE? And you won't even notice!
Online retailer Amazon has the Smile.amazon.com program. Simply log onto smile.amazon.com, designate PICTURE PERFECT QUEEN ANNE and a percentage of your purchases will be donated directly to us!
Bartell's also has a rewards program, the "B" Caring Card. Simply pick up a card at any Bartell Drugs. Then register your card and designate PICTURE PERFECT QUEEN ANNE as the nonprofit organization you wish to support.
Thanks for supporting PICTURE PERFECT QUEEN ANNE and THE GARDENS!
- ▼ 2016 (5)
- ► 2015 (15)